DevOps Engineering challenge
Demonstrate your skills and overall approach to DevOps Engineering
The DevOps Engineering challenge is a way for applicants to roles within the Q-CTRL DevOps Engineering team to demonstrate their skills and overall approach to solving a challenge based upon a set of requirements.
The requirements are intentionally sparse (the devil is in the details). We don’t want you to do a lot, but what you do should be your best work and should clearly demonstrate you embody the three virtues.
- Read and understand the challenge.
- Create a solution that satisfies the requirements.
- Send a link to the repository containing your solution to the person who contacted you.
IMPORTANT: The repository containing your solution MUST be public, MUST contain a
README.md file, and MUST NOT make any reference to “Q-CTRL” in the repository name, description, or code.
NOTE: You should spend no more than three hours on this challenge.
There’s a new product being planned and it requires a new website and the requisite infrastructure to support it.
- Using either AWS or GCP, create a website that displays some static text (you will not be judged on your HTML skills, and feel free to stick within the free/trial tiers for the resources you create).
- The text should include your name, for example, “This is Mary Smith’s website”.
- What else you would do with your website, and how you would go about doing it if you had more time.
- Alternative solutions that you could have taken but didn’t and explain why.
- What would be required to make this a production grade website that would be developed on by various development teams. The more detail, the better!